In late August, Asus launched new ZenFone models in the Philippines, the anticipated new smartphones which include the ZenFone Selfie, ZenFone 2 Laser, and ZenFone Deluxe.
The new ZenFones all carry the design aesthetics and notable features of the ZenFone 2, which is the world’s first smartphone to feature a 4 GB RAM.
Among the new ZenFones, the ZenFone 2 Laser is a mid-ranged priced smartphone that is positioned as a camera smartphone.
As such, it has some notable camera features:
- ZenFone 2 Laser features a laser auto-focus technology in its 13 MP PixelMaster camera, which also features dual-color, dual LED Real Tone flash.
- Laser auto-focus technology in the smartphone uses laser beam to measure distances at lightning speed for near-instant focus.
- The 13 MP camera is also good at doing macro shots as it is able to focus on objects as near as 6 cm for close up clarity.
- The 13 MP camera comes with an f/2.0 wide-aperture lens to capture high resolution photos with zero shutter lag.
- While with PixelMaster technology, the smartphone is able to capture up to 400% brighter photos at night or in low lit scenes without the need for a flash.
- ZenFone 2 Laser also allows the use of the camera at manual mode, allowing control over settings such as ISO, shutter speed and more.
- ZenFone 2 Laser’s PixelMaster camera also has Backlight (Super HDR) mode to capture vivid, evenly-exposed photos in challenging backlit scenes such as sunset portraits.
ZenFone 2 Laser Specs:
- Display: 5.5-inch 1280 x 720 HD resolution
- IPS display up to 178 degree viewing angle
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Qualcomm 64-bit quad core processor Snapdragon 410
(Another variant has Qualcomm 64-bit octa core processor Snapdragon 615)
- 16 GB storage
- Micro SD support up to 128 GB
- 2 GB RAM
(3 GB RAM for the Snapdragon 615 version)
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front facing camera
- 4G LTE
- Dual Micro SIM slots
Suggested Retail Price: P8,695 (Snapdragon 410/2 GB RAM) and P9,995 (Snapdragon 615/3GB RAM)