The obvious additions or features to the EOS 70D are inherited from Canon’s other cameras.
For example, the new EOS 70D features a 19-point all cross-type AF sensor which is similar to the one used in EOS 7D.
It has the same built-in Wi-Fi capability found in EOS 6D. It has the similar 3-inch fully-articulated touch-screen display of the EOS T4i / 650D.
The 63 zone metering system and main video quality settings are also lifted from recent models, while the body style and construction are essentially the same as the EOS 60D with a few adjustments in the controls.
The new EOS 70D offers an improved set of controls to operate various functions and desired settings with ease.
This EOS also offers superb touchscreen interface features which debuted on the EOS 650D (Rebel T4i) and proved to be more useful.
The 70D offers an array of features that disappeared between the EOS 50D and 60D, such as AF micro adjustment.
This camera is equipped with a 20.2 Megapixel APS-C sensor and a Digic 5+ image processor, which can swiftly handle large image and video files.
This DSLR can capture high quality photos continuously at 7 frames per second (fps) up to 65 frames in JPEG or 16 in RAW, and its standard ISO range covers 100-12800 sensitivity, which can be expanded further up to ISO 25600 sensitivity.
The EOS 70D features a Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology, a feature that enables sharp focus to be obtained in a shorter focusing time.
The camera has exceptional tracking performance and smooth auto-focusing as compared with contrast AF, which requires more time on lens adjustment.
Users can now focus more attention on the subject and composition when shooting with the LCD monitor to realize more shooting ideas with ease.
The Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology is compatible with up to 103 models of EF/ EF-S Lenses (including earlier models). This enables users to be more creative in shooting photos or videos through various lenses.
Canon EOS 70D specifications:
• 20.2MP APS-C ‘Dual Pixel CMOS AF’ sensor
• DIGIC 5+ image processor
• ISO 100-12800 standard, 25600 expanded
• 7fps continuous shooting, burst depth 65 JPEG / 16 RAW
• ‘Silent’ shutter mode
• Full HD 1080 pixels @ 30fps/25fps/24fps video recording, stereo sound via external microphone
• 19-point AF system, all points cross-type, sensitive to -0.5 EV
• 63-zone iFCL metering system
• 98% viewfinder coverage, 0.95x magnification, switchable gridlines and electronic level display
• Fully-articulated touchscreen, 1040k dot 3″ Clear View II LCD, 3:2 aspect ratio
• Single SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot
• Built-in Wi-Fi
• Single-axis electronic level
• Built-in flash works as off-camera remote flash controller
• AF micro adjustment (can be set individually for up to 40 lenses, remembered by lens serial number)
• In-camera High Dynamic Range and Multiple Exposure modes (JPEG-only)
• ‘Creative Filter’ image processing styles, previewed in live view