Canadian based e-book retailer Kobo has partnered with National Book Store to bring Kobo’s digital reading ecosystem to the Philippines.
The partnership will make available to local population Kobo’s award-winning Kobo eReader products: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo and Kobo Arc eReading devices. With prices ranging from P4,599 to P9,149, the Kobo eReaders provide access to Kobo’s eBookstore boasting of 4 million titles that include international and local bestsellers.
The Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo and Kobo Arc eReading tablets will be exclusively available at selected National Book Store locations, Powerbooks, and online at nationalbookstore.com starting September 20.
Kobo’s Todd Humphrey, EVP of Business Development, was in the country during the launch of the partnership.
“With Kobo and National Book Store, consumers can – for the first time ever – access a world of international content and look forward to their local authors and publishers making their work available in digital formats. We are committed to delivering a world-class eReading experience to the Filipino market, and look forward to working with National Book Store as we help people read more – any time, any place, and on any device.”
“National Book Store takes pride in being the first to bring Kobo’s world class digital reading experience to the Philippines. These cutting edge eReaders will certainly provide a new way for Filipino students and book lovers to enjoy books, magazines and newspapers,” says Xandra Ramos-Padilla, Purchasing Director, National Book Store.
KOBO TOUCH is priced at P4,599
• It features an anti-glare 6” Pearl E Ink touchscreen that offers the closest experience to reading print on paper and is easy on the eyes – even in bright sunlight.
• The thin and lightweight Kobo Touch is highly portable and offers many ways to personalize the reading experience, get book recommendations, and discover new content.
• Available in black, blue and lilac, the Kobo Touch has a battery life of up to one month and has 2 GB of internal memory for the storage of up to 1,000 books, with the option to expand to 32 GB with a microSD card.
KOBO GLO (with Wi-Fi) is priced at P6,599
• The front-lit Kobo Glo eReader offers the most even and adjustable ComfortLight technology to enable people to read anytime – day or night.
• It features durable screen and customizable fonts and page-turning.
• The Kobo Glo uses E Ink technology, and its no-glare XGA high-resolution 6” E Ink screen provides an experience that is just like reading print on paper.
• The device easily connects to Wi Fi allowing consumers to explore and discover recommendations in the Kobo eBookstore.
• Available in Black or White with a selection of stylish back colours – Pink Sunset, Blue Moon, Silver Star – the Kobo Glo has a battery life of up to one month and has 2 GB of internal memory for the storage of up to 1,000 books, with the option to expand to 32 GB with a microSD card.
KOBO ARC is priced at P9,149
• 7-inch Kobo Arc runs on Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
• It’s a multimedia tablet offering great ways to discover content – books, movies, TV shows, music, web pages and more.
• Tapestries – Kobo’s exclusive interface on the Kobo Arc – uses a cross-media engine to recommend related content based on what users ‘pin’ to their Tapestries.
• The high-definition display delivers crisp, sharp text and its 16 million color capability brings photos and videos to life.
• The Kobo Arc, with its front-facing speakers and SRS TruMedia, as well as its built-in microphone and camera, offers up to 10 hours of continuous reading or video play or two weeks on standby.
• The 16 GB Kobo Arc is available in black.